By Nikolai Kolev
First specialized publication at the topic inside of final decade.
Read or Download Packed bed columns : for absorption, desorption, rectification and direct heat transfer PDF
Best chemical engineering books
Spanning the total box from basics to purposes in fabric technological know-how, this one-stop resource is the 1st finished reference for polymer, actual and floor chemists, fabrics scientists, chemical engineers, and people chemists operating in undefined. From the contents: creation: dwelling unfastened Radical Polymerization and the RAFT strategy basic Structure-Reactivity Correlations Governing the RAFT strategy Mechanism and Kinetics The RAFT procedure as a Kinetic software conception and perform in Technical functions RAFT Polymerization in Bulk and natural Solvents, in addition to Homogeneous Aqueous platforms Emulsion and Mini-Emulsion Polymerization complicated structure layout Macromolecular layout through the Interchange of Xanthates floor amendment balance and actual homes of RAFT Polymers Novel fabrics: From Drug supply to Opto-Electronics Outlook and destiny advancements
This new booklet should be welcomed via businesses occupied with catalysis and catalyst production, sorbent and detergent creation, chemical and petroleum refining, and by means of study scientists in academia. It includes seventy six unique contributions of contemporary paintings on basic and technological features of zeolite learn and alertness.
This broad-based booklet covers the 3 significant components of Chemical Engineering. lots of the books out there contain one of many person components, specifically, Fluid Mechanics, warmth move or Mass move, instead of the entire 3. This publication offers this fabric in one resource. This avoids the consumer having to consult a couple of books to acquire details.
- Chemical Reactor Design
- Chemical Engineering Dynamics: Modelling with PC Simulation
- Biochemical Engineering, Second Edition
- Diamond and Diamond-Like Film Applications
- Advances in Chemical Engineering: Mathematics in Chemical Kinetics and Engineering
Additional resources for Packed bed columns : for absorption, desorption, rectification and direct heat transfer
1. Piston flow model with mass trmsfer coefficient For description of multi-component absorption accompanied with chemical reaction the piston flow model can be written as follows: _ in Gi _ L dClt K&ae(Ca CGt) ~ I T ~ ^r~ dtr " ' dt, ^ * (165) ,dG, Pa Potfi dh ft, (167) (168) where pG and pL are the densities of the gas and the liquid in kg/m3; win is the inert gas velocity related to the whole cross-section of the apparatus in nm3/(mzs); Wo- the gas velocity related to the whole cross-section of the apparatus in m3/(m2s); 54 CGin- the concentration of the absorbed gas in the gas phase in kmol/nm3 inert gas and in kmol/m3; as - effective surface area in m2/m3; cp and cL - the specific heat of the gas and the liquid phases in J/(kgK); L- liquid superficial velocity in m3/(m2s); f - the heat of absorption in J/kmol; tG and tt - temperature of gas and liquid in °C; N - number of absorbed components; i - index for the absorbed component.
For example, is it possible to use them for obtaining equations for calculating packings which are not geometrically similar? The first of these questions is very important because in literature there is no generally shared view in this area. 51-59] it is stated that in order to obtain a valid equation, all physical parameters including those in the similarity criteria have to be changed during the experiments. Practically in case of similarity in the dimensionless equations dimensionless criteria are used instead of simple physical parameters.
Because the sum of the partial concentration of the two components is equal to 1, the decreasing of the concentration of the component A leads to increasing of the concentration of the component B. This increasing, according to Fick's law, leads to a diffusion flow opposite to the diffusion flow for A. Both of these flows take away substance from the volume near the interface. To compensate the substance taken away, a conveetive flow with opposite direction is automatically induced. The explanation of these phenomena is offered by Stefan  and the above mentioned conveetive flow is known by his name.
Packed bed columns : for absorption, desorption, rectification and direct heat transfer by Nikolai Kolev