By John Powers
Translation of: Āryasaṃdhinirmocanabhāṣya.
Read or Download Two commentaries on the Samdhinirmocana-Sutra PDF
Similar buddhism books
During this new version of his acclaimed autobiography lengthy out of print and infrequent formerly Alan Watts tracks his religious and philosophical evolution from a toddler of spiritual conservatives in rural England to a freewheeling religious instructor who challenged Westerners to defy conference and imagine for themselves.
For over 2000 years, Buddhist psychology has provided worthy insights into the character of the guts and brain, and reworked the best way many folks world wide deal with life's demanding situations. however the old texts on which those striking teachings are dependent will be tricky to penetrate for contemporary seekers.
Desk of Contents
1. The BuddhaÕs traditional and supreme Tooth
Ð John Buescher
2. Ask a Farmer: final research and Conventional
Existence in Tsong kha pa's Lam rim chen mo
Ð man Newland
3. portray the objective: at the identity of the
Object of Negation (dgag bya) Ð Donald S. Lopez, Jr.
4. slicing the Roots of advantage: Tsong kha pa on the
Results of Anger Ð Daniel Cozort
5. Ethics because the foundation of a Tantric culture: Tsong kha pa
and the Founding of the dGe lugs Order in Tibet
Ð Elizabeth Napper
6. Bon rDzogs chen on Authenticity (pramÝna, tshad ma):
Prose and Poetry at the course Ð Anne Carolyn Klein
7. The dGe ldanÐbKaÕ brgyud culture of MahÝmudrÝ:
How a lot dGe ldan? How a lot bKaÕ brgyud?
Ð Roger R. Jackson
8. Demons at the mom: Objections to the Perfect
Wisdom Sñtras in Tibet Ð Gareth Sparham
9. Gung thang and Sa bzang Ma ti Paû chen on the
Meaning of ÒFoundational ConsciousnessÓ
(Ýlaya, kun gzhi) Ð Joe Bransford Wilson
10. Authorship and Literary creation in
Classical Buddhist Tibet Ð Jos Ignacio Cabezn
11. Altruism and Adversity: views from Psychoanalytic
Object kinfolk conception Ð Harvey B. Aronson
12. Drawing the metal Bow: A Bibliographic Appreciation
of the Literary Legacy of Paul Jeffrey Hopkins
and His application on the collage of Virginia
Ð Paul G. Hackett
- Fourth Uncle in the Mountain: The Remarkable Legacy of a Buddhist Itinerant Doctor in Vietnam
- Sanskrit-Texte aus dem buddhistischen Kanon: Neuentdeckungen und Neueditionen: Sanskrit- Texte aus dem buddhistischen Kanon. Neuentdeckungen und Neueditionen. Zweite Folge
- Buddhism in Kashmir
- Kar glin Zi khro: A tantric Buddhism concept (CNWS publications)
- Making Fields of Merit: Buddhist Female Ascetics and Gendered Orders in Thailand
Additional resources for Two commentaries on the Samdhinirmocana-Sutra
After three more years, however, he still felt that he had not made significant progress, and again decided to renounce his quest As he left his cave he saw a man who claimed to be making needles by rubbing iron with cotton and who showed lrThis is reported in Paramartha^ Life of Vasubandhu’ translated by J. Takakusu (“The Life of Vasu-bandhu by Paramartha**. Toung Paot ser. II, #5, 1904, pp. 269-296; reprint Leyden: EJ. Brill, 1904). See also Alex Wayman, Analysis of the Sravakabhumi Manuscript (Berkeley, 1961), p.
7 Because it is [comprised] of all seeds, [the basis-consciousness] is a mysterious basis. XD pp. 2; Stog pp. 4. 2D p. 3-4; Stog p. 5-7. 3D p. 3; Stog p. 5. 4This appears to refer to the passage ranging from D p. 4-6 (Stog p. 1-3). The sutra lists five consciousnesses: eye consciousness, ear consciousness, nose consciousness, tongue consciousness, bodily consciousness, and mental consciousness. The last part of the passage in A differs from the passage in D and Stog: than cig tu cig car dang cig car ma yin par ’jug pa.
7; Stog p. 7. 2Dp. 2; Stog p. 1. 3D P. 6; Stog p. 7. 4D p. 4; Stog p. 7. 5Dp. 1; Stog p. 6. 6D P. 6; Stog p. 5. D P. 5; Stog p. 4. P. 1; Stog p. 2. This refers to a passage beginning on D p. 6 (Stog p. 2). 44 Two Commentaries on the Samdhinirmocana-sutra states and objects that are resources. Initial mistakenness with respect to these ap prehending subjects and so forth is thorough affliction. Initial non-mistakenness is purification. Indicating village boundaries — or one hundred of those, etc.
Two commentaries on the Samdhinirmocana-Sutra by John Powers